PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS, AUDITING AND CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Note: Excludes Service Contracts
BOOKINGS AND GOODS/SERVICES PURCHASED
- All training course fees, facilities bookings, pre-audit consultation(s), chargeable meetings and/or audit(s) will be confirmed by email upon receipt of payment or agreement and acceptance of a valid purchase order number / reference (Credit Account Clients).
- The cost of travel required by a Milebay Consultant and/or Representative to meet or visit a client will be included in the price of the service agreed, up to a 100 mile total radius (total distance travelled as a return journey from our main office to the meeting place). Any additional miles will be charged at £0.45p per mile. If an overnight stay is required the cost will be agreed between a member of the administration team at Milebay Consultancy and the client and charged accordingly.
- All bookings and client queries must go through the main office and not direct with MCL consultants or representatives.
- Important note: Milebay Consultancy Ltd.’s acceptance of all booking brings into existence a legally binding contract between Milebay Consultancy Ltd. and the client on these Terms and Conditions. Any term sought to be imposed by the client in any purchase order or correspondence will not form part of the contract.
- Purchase orders may be accepted in lieu of payment at time of booking at Milebay Consultancy Ltd.’s sole discretion.
- Acceptance of purchase orders is subject to Milebay Consultancy Ltd.’s prior approval for credit terms.
- Purchase orders shall not be accepted from any customer at any time during which the customer’s account is placed on ‘stop’ due to default.
INVOICING AND PAYMENT
- Prices quoted exclude VAT unless stated. VAT is added at the point of purchasing.
- Prices quoted include a 10% discount for FORS members. Your FORS membership number must be quoted at the time of booking to receive the discount.
- Payments are processed securely adhering to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council via Barclaycard and WorldPay. Full payment is required at time of ordering online or by phone using a credit or debit card. Credit Account Clients requesting 30 days credit must contact the main office to order products and services on 01438 986012. A credit check will be generated, and purchase order number / reference required.
- Paid invoices will be sent by email to the name and address provided. Invoices sent to clients ordering using an agreed purchase order number must be paid at least 7 working days prior to the date that of the Consultation (Earned Recognition Audits require payment to be made at least 14 working days’ prior to audit) (or within 30 days of the invoice date – approved Credit Account Clients only), whichever date occurs soonest (the ‘Due Date’).
- Payment must be made by credit/debit card or BACS. We are unable to accept Amex or cheques.
- If any amount properly due to Milebay Consultancy Ltd. under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions remains outstanding beyond the due date Milebay Consultancy Ltd may:
- Cancel existing orders for products or services.
- Claim interest and statutory compensation pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
- Overdue invoices will incur a fee of 5% of the balance per day until paid in full.
- When purchasing a product or an MCL audit or consultancy service online you will receive confirmation of your order by email. Telephone bookings will also be confirmed by email.
- When purchasing a ‘Support with FORS’ or Earned Recognition product or service a member of our team will contact you by phone within 48 hours to confirm any outstanding details e.g. To discuss when your purchased product will be sent out (FORS Complete Package orders) or to arrange your first consultant meeting (FORS Pre-Audit Service and Platinum Service).
- It is the responsibility of the individual placing the order to ensure all questions are answered and all requested information is provided at the time of booking and when requested by Milebay Consultancy Ltd. Missing information will delay completion of your order.
- If the work details are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed the order to contact Milebay Consultancy Ltd. to arrange for them to be reissued and confirm receipt.
- Milebay Consultancy Ltd. will send all correspondence primarily via email to the email address provided. If alternative details are received by email after the order has been submitted, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new contact / address.
- No manual(s), policies or documentation shall be issued whilst there is an outstanding and/or overdue balance (including interest on overdue balances and statutory compensation) due to Milebay Consultancy Ltd. This includes submissions of Bronze, Silver and Gold audit applications and any other products or services provided by Milebay Consultancy which are overdue payment.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of Milebay Consultancy Ltd. to change the consultation date, timing, or consultant.
DOCUMENTATION AND CONTENT
- All documentation and content provided by Milebay Consultancy ltd is copywrite protected and cannot be edited, copied, or resold without the permission of a Milebay Director in writing.
- All purchased documentation is supplied in PDF format.
- Any manual updates issued by Milebay will be sent by email to the contact details provided.
- FORS version 5.1 Manual updates: We will send updated documents if any industry data, FORS requirements or legal updates are required in the first 12 months (for updates after this time, or for any other versions please contact us to purchase).
PLEASE NOTE: This offer does not include updates to FORS version 6 when this is released, or any further versions.
- Additional versions, copies or supply of documents, memory sticks and products are chargeable.
DELIVERY OF GOODS PURCHASED
- Delivery of goods purchased shall be made to the address provided when ordering.
- Any products ordered may be collected from Milebay Consultancy Ltd subject to prior arrangement, sent to the address provided using a courier service, or delivered by hand, by a Milebay representative.
- Postage and Packaging are included in the cost of delivery for UK orders (delivery outside the UK will incur additional costs).
CONSULTATION CANCELLATIONS AND AMENDMENTS
- All Milebay staff, representatives and clients must respect Covid-19 safety measures applied by Milebay Consultancy.
- All requests for cancellations and/or postponements must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of the booking, as shown below:
- Greater than 7 working days’ notice (Earned Recognition Audits require 14 working days’ notice) before the consultation/audit date: full refund
- Less than 7 working days’ notice (Earned Recognition Audits require 14 working days’ notice) before the consultation/audit date: no refund will be given
- Failure to be available on the day of the audit / meeting will be treated as late cancellation and no refund will be given.
- If the client requests to move the date and/or time of the consultation/audit, at least 7 working days’ notice (Earned Recognition Audits require 14 working days’ notice) is required. The revised date must take place within six months of the original booking date.
- Clients are only permitted to one postponement per booking; after this the full fee will be charged.
- In the event of cancellation by Milebay Consultancy Ltd., we will endeavour to inform the client a week before the consultation/audit is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All fees paid will be reimbursed in full. Milebay Consultancy Ltd. shall have no liability for any consequential loss, and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
- If the consultation and/or audit cannot take place due to extenuating circumstances, the client must inform Milebay Consultancy Ltd. in writing.
- If the consultation and/or audit cannot take place due to illness, the client must provide evidence in the form of a doctor’s certificate.
- Any failure to attend or be available for the consultation / audit without providing 7 working days’ notice (Earned Recognition Audits require 14 working days’ notice) remains chargeable / non-refundable. Any refund request for failure to attend in extenuating circumstances is at the discretion of Milebay Consultancy Ltd.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TRAINING COURSE ATTENDANCE AND CERTIFICATION
- All Milebay staff, representatives and clients must respect Covid-19 safety measures applied by Milebay Consultancy.
- Learners will receive course details via email to the email address provided.
- It is the responsibility of the individual completing the booking to ensure the course details are received by the Learner.
- Milebay Consultancy Ltd. will send all correspondence primarily via email to the email address provided. If alternative details are received after the booking request has been submitted, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new address.
- If the course details are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed and the booking to contact Milebay Consultancy Ltd. to arrange for them to be reissued.
- To comply with our commitment to Covid-19 safety precautions, Learners must email a copy of the front and back of their driving licence to the administration team on email@example.com at least 48 hours before the start of the course.
- Drivers with a non UK driving licence, must also email a copy of their Driver Qualification Card (DQC) to the email address above, at least 48 hours before the start of the course.
- These rules apply to both classroom based learning and online remote training. It is the Learners responsibility to ensure that we have received necessary licence information at least 48 hours before the start of the course.
- Learners must arrive (or for online training, be ready) fifteen minutes before the training session is due to start to allow time for registration and licence checks.
- As part of our Covid-19 safety precautions, learners will be required to show their driving licence/s during the course registration time to enable the trainer to crosscheck the emailed licence/s with those presented on the day.
- Failure to complete any of the requirements detailed in points 44, 45, 46, 47 and/or 48 will forfeit your place on the course and will result in the full booking cost being incurred, minus any drivers upload fee already paid.
- No certificate(s) shall be issued whilst there is an outstanding balance (including interest on overdue balances and statutory compensation) due to Milebay Consultancy Ltd.
- No certificate(s) shall be issued if the Learner fails to complete the entire course, including any final exam.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of Milebay Consultancy Ltd, to change the content and timing of the programme, the date, the venue, or the instructor.
TRAINING CANCELLATIONS AND AMENDMENTS
- All requests for cancellations and/or transfers must be received in writing.
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown:
- Transport Manager training: greater than 28 working days’ notice before the training course date: full refund.Cancellation with less than 28 working days’ notice: no refund.
- Safe Urban Driving and VanSmart courses: greater than 14 working days’ notice before the training course date: full refund.Cancellation with less than 14 working days’ notice: no refund.
- OLAT, Transport Manager Refresher training and all other Driver CPC courses: greater than 7 working days’ notice before the training course date: full refund.Cancellation with less than 14 working days’ notice: no refund.
- Failure to attend will be treated as late cancellation and no refund will be given.
- In the event that an individual named on the booking cannot attend, we will accept substitution of another Learner on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date.
- If the individual named on the booking is unable to attend, and cannot or does not wish to transfer their place to another Learner, the booking fee paid may be accepted as payment towards a place on the same or another training course that takes place within 6 months following the originally booked event, if notification is received in writing more than 7 working days in advance of the original course start date.
- Learners are only permitted to one training course transfer or substitution per booking; after this the full fee will be charged.
- In the event of there being insufficient numbers booked onto a course, Milebay Consultancy Ltd reserves the right to cancel or postpone a course.
- In the event of a cancellation of a training course by Milebay Consultancy Ltd, we will endeavour to inform all participants a week before the course is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All course fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or the payment will be transferred in full to another Milebay Consultancy Ltd course. Milebay Consultancy Ltd shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation etc.
TRAINING COURSE PROVISIONS
- Accommodation and travel are the responsibility of the Learner.
TRAINING EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES
- If you are unable to attend any of the training course due to extenuating circumstances, you must inform Milebay Consultancy Ltd in writing.
- If you are unable to attend due to illness you must provide evidence in the form of a doctor’s certificate.
- Any failure to attend part or all the training course without providing 7 working days’ notice (14 days’ notice required for SUD and VanSmart, 28 days’ for Transport Manager training) will result in a chargeable / non-refundable booking fee. Any refund request for failure to attend in extenuating circumstances is at the discretion of Milebay Consultancy Ltd.
- Milebay Consultancy Ltd shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty, should audits and/or consultations be cancelled due to war, fire, strike lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
- These Terms and Conditions, together with the current Milebay Consultancy Ltd price list, audit/consultation details and contact details, set out the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the audit and consultancy services and associated materials and services to you by Milebay Consultancy Ltd. These Terms and Conditions cannot be varied except in writing, signed by a Director of Milebay Consultancy Ltd. No Terms and Conditions incorporated within your purchase order and nothing said by any person on behalf of Milebay Consultancy Ltd should be understood as a variation of these Terms and Conditions, or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods or services offered for sale by Milebay Consultancy Ltd. Milebay Consultancy Ltd. shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.